Travis' World

News:

• Registration is OPEN. but i do monitor every post.
    trying to prevent data scavengers, and spammers from abusing my server.
  • Forum boards can be created upon request, if you have a specific category you want to post about.
  • There have been a lot of ERRORS lately, due to me moving the website to another server. i am still getting them ironed out, please bear with me.

Server Notes

Travis Farmer · 24

Offline Travis Farmer

• Administrator
    • Travis' World
on: 2020-01-31, 08:38:17
If it is running, it can be found on the steam list as "tjfhome.server", or just add my hostname to your favorites (tjfhome.ddns.net).
I primarily play Team Fortress 2, therefore, that is what my server runs for a game.
firstly, my internet connection only has a 0.75MB upload rate.  :( so i have reduced the max number of players to not lag the connection.

~Travis

Network Administrator

Offline Travis Farmer

• Administrator
    • Travis' World
Reply #1 on: 2020-02-04, 20:14:52
as i will be migrating my main server over to what was my backup server, i will be moving the TF2 server over as well. it's new home will be my Dell PowerEdge R710.

~Travis

Network Administrator

Offline Travis Farmer

• Administrator
    • Travis' World
Reply #2 on: 2020-02-06, 09:58:14
so, my R710 server uses a PERC 6/i RAID controller, and for reasons unknown to many in the Redhat/CentOS Linux community, they have dropped this, and many other drivers from the distribution. but thanks to THIS page (RHEL 8.0 and support for removed adapters), i know how to get things going. many thanks to toracat on the CentOS forum!

~Travis

Network Administrator

Offline Travis Farmer

• Administrator
    • Travis' World
Reply #3 on: 2020-02-08, 12:03:16
so, i had the server all setup... but TF2 would not serve.
Code: [Select]
Failed to open dedicated_srv.so (libstdc++.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
so, i think i ran into this last time, and re-installing steam and the TF2 server helped. so that is what i am doing currently.
I am so far fairly impressed with the Dell PE R710, as i can run more, and it barely even seems to struggle with any task. 24 CPU cores, 64GB memory, and about 5.6TB storage.

~Travis

Network Administrator